Thursday, May 16, 2013

He Commands the Locusts

2 Chronicles 7:13-14


If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people; If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
The locusts that currently threaten the crops in the Negev Desert of Israel are an ominous sign of the times. The Lord left no doubt in the Scripture above and others that if He sends drought, or locusts, or pestilence, repentance is the only proper response to receive forgiveness. Just as Solomon had requested in his prayer to dedicate the temple and to rededicate the nation, the LORD promises to hear our prayers when we respond appropriately to Him. The glory of the LORD filled the temple in response to Solomon's prayer, just as it will fall on the nation of Israel and fill their collective heart when they abandon the arm of the flesh, repent from dead works, and turn and seek Him. Another locust swarm will gather against them like a cloud to cover the land: the nations of the earth rising up against the Lord and His chosen people, as prophesied by the LORD in Ezekiel chapter 38. Yet, when they finally embrace the Son of Man as Messiah, He has promised to heal them and their land forever. As it is written,


Jeremiah 32:41 KJV

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with My whole heart and with My whole soul.


Related Scriptures: Jeremiah 17:1-10; Deuteronomy 28:1-68; Isaiah 33:2-6; Isaiah 40:21-31; 2 Chronicles 6:1-42; 2 Chronicles 7:1-18; Ezekiel 38:1-23

No comments:

Post a Comment