Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Mystery of the Gospel

Ephesians 6:18-20

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
By praying in the Spirit we can truly access the throne of God, where Jesus sits at His right hand interceding for the saints. His intercessory ministry began at the cross, and will conclude with the eternal defeat of all forms of rebellion against God. Like the first coming, He will be preceded by the spirit and power of Elijah, already rising up in the saints who are boldly crying out for repentance. When He returns, the full mystery of the gospel will be revealed in the heavens with Him, as He catches up His saints. Then Elijah himself will preach the gospel with boldness again to the Jews in the streets of Jerusalem. When Christ sets foot on the Mount of Olives His everlasting kingdom will come to the earth.

Related Scriptures: Hebrews 12:2; Romans 8:26-27; Revelation 20:1-15; Matthew 11:1-30; Malachi 4:5-6; Zechariah 14:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment